Siemens Dishwasher Recall
An electrical component on some Siemens dishwashers may overheat and can create a potential fire hazard.
This recall also affects Neff and Bosch dishwashers as well.
*** LATEST UPDATES ***
4th September 2013
4.5 years after they first launched their dishwasher recall in the US and 2 years after it was launched in the UK, Bosch has now extended this recall worldwide.
To find out more click on Bosch Dishwasher Recall Extended Worldwide
12th March 2013
Bosch has released figures showing they have managed to find and repair 152,957 of their recalled dishwashers. This figure is up 1.3% from September 2012.
For more on this click Bosch Dishwasher Recall - Update
8th August 2012
Due to the number of incidents related to this recall the Dorset Fire Brigade has taken the unusual step of creating a video warning consumers of the risk of fire from the recalled Bosch, Neff and Siemens dishwashers.
For more details click Dorset Fire Brigade Video.
14th February 2012
Siemens has relaunched their advertising campaign to publicise the overheating and potential fire issue with some of their dishwashers. Advertising will appear in a number of newspapers over the next 6 weeks alerting consumers to this issue.
If you have a Siemens Dishwasher please check that it is not one of the machines listed below.
12th December 2011
On the 12th December we received an update from Siemens on this issue. In the UK there are 632,000 Dishwashers (of the 2.2m they sold in this period) that are affected by this issue. Siemens have performed an extensive communication campaign and in the 5 months since the recall was launched they have managed to track down and repair 137,612 of them. This works out at an average of 27,000 per month.
Siemens say they are continuing with this recall and expect their communication programmes and the number of dishwashers they repair to increase.
Click for more details on Siemens's Recall Communications.
Siemens has identified that a fault with the control panel on some Siemens dishwashers can lead to them overheating creating a potential fire hazard.
The affected dishwashers:-
- Were manufactured between 1999 and 2005
- Have batch numbers in the range of FD 7901 through to FD 8504
- Are included in a list of 237 model numbers (click Models to see full list)
Siemens have not said how many individual appliances are affected by this recall.
If you have one of the recalled dishwashers Siemens will visit you to repair your machine.
How Do You Identify If Your Siemens Dishwasher Is Being Recalled?
To identify if you are the owner of one of the affected Siemens dishwashers, please do the following:-
- Go to your dishwasher and get the model details and batch number. The appliance details can be found either engraved on the top or on a sticker on the left hand side of the inner part of the door.
- Check whether your batch number lies within the range FD 7901 to FD 8504 – if not, you are not affected by this recall.
- If your batch number falls within this range, please visit the website at www.repairaction.co.uk and enter your model number and batch number to verify whether your particular dishwasher is affected. From here you will be able to arrange your free of charge repair.
- Alternatively you can contact the Siemens call centre on freephone 0800 561 0082. Opening hours are Monday – Friday 7am to 10pm and Saturday – Sunday 8am to 8pm.
What Should Consumers Do?
The risk of fire only exists when the Siemens dishwasher is in use. If you are concerned about the risk please stop using the dishwasher and contact Siemens on freephone 0800 561 0082.