Home
Recalls
News & Reports
About Recalls
About Us
Contact Us

Hotpoint Dishwasher Recall


Recall Summary

Hotpoint Dishwashers may overheat and catch fire.


*** LATEST UPDATE ***

10th February 2014

We have recently received an update from Hotpoint on this recall.

There are 71,000 dishwashers affected by the recall. Hotpoint has managed to find and repair 17,183 (24%). Leaving 53,817 (76%) still to be found.

23rd April 2013

During an interview with ITN Hotpoint finally released the number of dishwashers affected by this recall, it is 71,000 with 85 known incidents.

It turns out that Hotpoint has been running a 'stealth recall' for 6 months but only managed to find 7,000 dishwashers during that time. Now they have publicised the recall they should find a lot more.

For more of this recall see Hotpoint Started Dishwasher Recall 6 Months Before Telling Consumers.



Recall Issue

Hotpoint is recalling some of their FDW range of Hotpoint Dishwashers because a component may overheat and catch fire.

Hotpoint say there have not been any injuries caused by these dishwashers but they have caused damage to customers' property.

Hotpoint has not said which component it is that overheats and catches fire but they have said that it would only occur whilst the machine is in use. The description of the problem makes it sound very similar to the Bosch Dishwasher Recall.

The problem is also very similar to the other Hotpoint DWF3 and DC26 Dishwasher recall which is also for overheating and fire issues.


Hotpoint Dishwashers Affected By This Recall

The Hotpoint Dishwashers affected by this recall are:-

  • Models Hotpoint FDW20 / Hotpoint FDW60 / Hotpoint FDW65A
  • They were manufactured between June 2006 and March 2007
  • They have serial numbers in a range between 60601xxxx and 70331xxxx (where xxxx is any character)

NOTE – You can find the model and serial numbers on the inside edge of the dishwasher door.


What Should You Do If You Have An Affected Hotpoint Dishwasher?

If you believe you have one of the affected dishwashers you should contact Hotpoint Customer Service on 08448 910094 or you can email them at fdw@hotpoint.co.uk

Hotpoint will arrange for an engineer to visit your home and repair the dishwasher free of charge.


Recall Launched

April 2013.